HEARING LOSS RELATED MEDICAL CONDITIONS
Learn how different medical conditions can be linked to hearing loss.
- Aging: It is estimated that for those 75 – 84 years old in the US, 50% have some hearing loss.
- Dementia: In the US, an estimated 5.8 million (1 in 8) older adults have some form of dementia.
- Diabetes: In the US, it is estimated that 26 million people have diabetes and 7 million do not know they have it.
- NIHL: A potentially permanent hearing loss that affects tens of millions of patients, especially those who are exposed daily to high noise levels.
- Presbycusis: Common in men and women, with men typically having greater hearing loss than women of the same age.
- Tinnitus: A condition affecting millions of people and for a small percentage, limiting their ability to function normally on a daily basis.