Creating a consistent fitness routine does wonders for our health, but it can be difficult to remain inspired before and during the workout.
Let’s face it, the act of exercising itself is not always pleasant. We do it mainly for the outcome and future health benefits, but it can be tough to overcome the stress and pain of the actual exercises.
That’s why the majority of people look for ways to take their minds off the actual work, normally by listening to music.
Music not only supplies a diversion but also creates the motivation and stimulation required to maximize effort. You might not feel like hitting the gym today, but put on your best music and all of a sudden you’re charged and ready to go.
This is where hearing aids can be helpful for individuals with hearing loss.
With compatible hearing aid models, you can stream your favorite music directly from your music player or smartphone to your hearing aids—without any wires getting in the way.
As an alternative, if you’re in the learning mood, you can also stream your favorite podcasts or internet courses, enhancing both your mental and physical health simultaneously.
Have a workout partner instead?
The latest hearing aid models, furnished with directional microphones, target and boost speech while controlling background noise, making it easier to hold a discussion with your partner in a busy gym.
For all these reasons hearing aids are vital gym equipment, but you may be wary of potential damage to the device from perspiration and moisture.
While the majority of hearing aid models are resistant to dirt and wetness to some degree, there are some accessories you can use to protect your hearing aids at the gym.
Give some thought to investing in:
- Hearing aid sweatbands – these absorbent sleeves fit over your hearing aids, securing them from sweat and grime.
- Hearing aid clips – helps to prevent damage or loss if your hearing aids become inadvertently dislodged from your ears.
- Batteries – keeping an extra pair on hand ensures you won’t run out of power mid-workout.
- Cleaning kits – helps clean and sanitize your hearing aids after your workout.
- Hearing aid dehumidifier – worth investing in for three reasons: dehumidifiers 1) remove moisture, 2) sanitize using UV light, and 3) supply a safe place for overnight storage.
With a little care and planning, you can safely enjoy all the advantages of hearing aids at the gym.
If you have any questions, or want to get more info about hearing aid accessories for the gym, send us a message or give us a call!